1 exact match
Exclude any of the below options from the search results:Hide this job Hide jobs with titles like this Hide jobs from OPM Response Ltd Hide jobs in this location
- OPM Response Ltd
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- Job term
- Job hours
- Full time
- Location: North East
- Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Good salary and benefits package
OPM are currently working with this global developer, publisher and distributor of many of the industry’s best selling games to secure crucial hires. Their UK studio, founded in 1989 has sales of over 14 million of its well-known AAA franchise.
OPM is looking for an experienced Community Developer to work closely with the Community & Marketing teams. Essentially the position is to manage the content and communications for the studio and a project associated with a game. Working across FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube, Google +, websites and other social media to pro-actively action original events and campaigns to maximise brand loyalty for the long term and ensure community management plans are synchronised with communication plan. You will be working within the Marketing team.
• An expert in Internet marketing the Community Developer should propose innovative actions to the brand and communications managers utilising the latest technologies and trends.
• Propose processes and technology improvements to create a more efficient workplace. Staying abreast with competitive online trends and share this information with other internal departments.
• Maximise customer loyalty via all social media channels and websites to promote, where feasible sign up, higher numbers / targeted take up of product.
• Ensures high level of market knowledge : analyses the competition, looks at technology trends, competitive community actions
• Proactively develops and implements innovative community actions
• Studies EMEA community management plan and proactively suggests improvements, changes depending on local requirements
• Gains an intimate knowledge of the products: key selling points, walkthrough, etc.
• Makes updates to the official websites and reacts quickly to make any urgent updates as required
• Plans special / launch events carefully to ensure delivery on time and that they meet necessary approvals (local marketing, EMEA marketing, legal, sales etc.)
• Provides weekly feedback to local brand manager and communications manager on the development and issues of the communities so that this feedback can be passed to EMEA marketing / development teams
• Highlights any significant changes to the community management plan at the earliest possible time to the appropriate brand manager
• Ensures weekly updates are provided to the local webmaster so that he has enough content to keep the portal regularly updated. Including updating head office communications
• Moderates community applications including forums, bulletin boards and chats. Answer questions on social media in a professional and on brand tone.
• Organises and supervises volunteer moderators and fan sites.
• Recruits and animates opinion leaders in the community including fan-site webmasters
• Manages local communication crisis’ as necessary and prioritises work appropriately
• Provides local online competition analysis to marketing and PR teams
• Provides weekly feedback on website traffic to EMEA community managers as well as local brand managers and communications manager
• Strong interest in popular culture - music, fashion, art, games
• Solid writing skills
• Excellent verbal communication
• Excellent organisation
• Community experience
• Games industry experience, previous track record of having worked in a similar position.
• Knowledge of HTML and web editing tools (Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
• Advanced knowledge of Internet / communication technologies (IRC, FTP, HTTP, IP, video streaming etc...)
• Diplomatic, calm and professional under pressure
For the opportunity to be part of this team please send your CV FAO Richard to [contact details removed] or call + [contact details removed] Richard Savva | Business Development Manager and Senior Recruitment Consultant
OPM Response Ltd | Ground Floor, Anderson House, 228 Old London Road, Marks Tey, Colchester, CO6 1HD | Direct Line: + [contact details removed] | Email: [contact details removed] | Skype: richard.savva.opm | LinkedIn: Click Here | Twitter: Click Here | Games Analytics Network Click Here
The salary bracket is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.
- Richard Savva
Your application for ‘Community Developer’ has been sent
Your application has been successfully sent. Thanks for applying!