Exclude any of the below options from the search results:Hide this job Hide jobs with titles like this Hide jobs from Chase and Holland Hide jobs in this location
- Chase and Holland
- From £35,000 to £42,000 per year
- Job term
- Job hours
- Full time
We are currently working exclusively in partnership with a specialist services business based in North East Lincolnshire who is a market leader in their specialism. Following a group restructure and acquisition they are currently recruiting for a newly created role of Group Financial Accountant to join their team as a permanent addition.
The purpose of this role is to provide the business with timely and accurate accounting information in order to support Managers in making informed business decisions and assist in protecting cash position of the business. This position reports directly to the Finance Director with a key part of this role being the provision of accurate information to group and other external partners.
Other responsibilities include;
- To be responsible for the delivery of monthly financial and statutory accounts reporting to international reporting standards
- Group quarterly and year end processes and reporting to deadlines and to ensure audit compliance
- To work with other departments and provide them with accounting information in order to manage their budgets and improve the bottom line
- To establish and monitor internal controls to safeguard the company assets and operations. Ensure compliance to outside authorities - e.g. - VAT, Tax and Government Stats Office
- Treasury management - To monitor cash flow and highlight any issues identified to allow proactive measures to be taken
- Foreign exchange management including hedging
- Provide a strategic business perspective that aligns finance with the business planning processes
- Managing one direct report and directly overseeing the ledger teams
- Develop and streamline the group financial and statutory consolidated reporting
- Managing the relationship with the banks and compliance to the bank facility
The successful candidate will have experience working within a financial, balance sheet and statutory role in a medium to large business and will hold a formal accounting qualification (ACCA/ACA). This is the ideal role for someone seeking a first move into industry from practice. Suitable candidates will have excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate. You will also need good systems experience and will be intermediate/advanced on MS Excel.You will be available on a short notice, ideally within 4 weeks maximum.
On offer is a great salary and benefits package with long term career prospects.
Chase and Holland specialise in Finance (Commerce & Industry and Professional Practice) and HR recruitment. We comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.
We are currently recruiting for a number of businesses that are looking for candidates across a number of sectors.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to you on this occasion your application has not been successful.
- Bev Findlay
Your application for ‘Financial Accountant’ has been sent
Your application has been successfully sent. Thanks for applying!