Exclude any of the below options from the search results:Hide this job Hide jobs with titles like this Hide jobs from i4 Jobs Hide jobs in this location
- i4 Jobs
- From £20,000 to £45,000 per year
- Job term
- Job hours
- Full time
Buying Manager (Catalogue and Web)
Salary up to £45k per annum
We are seeking an enthusiastic, organised 'hands on' person who has extensive buying and catalogue production experience to join our client's management team and manage;
- The catalogue programme (annual 408 page catalogue plus smaller 48 and 64 page A5 catalogues throughout the year).
- The product range planning, development, negotiation and re-pricing process for both our catalogues and our website.
- The content / copy and imagery used both in our catalogues and on our websites.
- The strategic direction and profitability of the buying and purchasing department within the company.
The team is relatively small but growing and extremely friendly, you will work closely with the Managing Director and other Managers to play a significant part in the success of their plans and this role carries a lot of responsibility.
Web and catalogue development is handled in-house, as is graphic design and you will be expected to cheerfully help others with tasks if the need arises especially close to deadlines.
Working closely with the Managing Director the ideal candidate will preferably have:
- At least 5 years of buying, merchandising or purchasing experience in either a B2B or B2C environment.
- Proven commercial experience and awareness of mail order and online sales.
- Highly proficient IT skills especially Excel, data manipulation and preferably knowledge of Adobe InDesign.
- The ability to extract and analyse data, recognise trends, make decisions / improvements, and create reports.
- Manage supplier re-pricing / negotiation, new product introductions and work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- A personable and friendly approach with articulate communication skills.
- Excellent mentoring and management skills, in addition to highly competent and effective presentation skills.
- A very "hands on" approach with exceptional organisational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- Experience in copywriting or marketing techniques for mail order or the internet would be an advantage but not a requirement.
- Experience of Sage 200, Sage CRM or Internet development skills would also be an advantage but not a requirement.
The successful candidate must be willing to relocate, or live within, daily commuting distance of Norwich.
About the company:
Established in 1975, our client is a rapidly growing, award winning, successful B2B mail order and online Industrial Products business.
On account of its dynamic, forward thinking, strategic plans, it has organically doubled Sales and trebled Customer growth in the last three years and is in the process of significant investment to achieve our next set of goals, which include reaching £10m turnover during 2016.
To apply for the role please forward your CV to [contact details removed]
- I4 Jobs
Your application for ‘Buying Manager (Catalogue and Web)’ has been sent
Your application has been successfully sent. Thanks for applying!