Exclude any of the below options from the search results:Hide this job Hide jobs with titles like this Hide jobs from Dowding and Mills Plc Hide jobs in this location
- Dowding and Mills Plc
- Competitive + Competative Package
- Job term
- Job hours
- Full time
Sulzer Dowding & Mills are a global leader in the repair and maintenance of high voltage electrical motors and generators, and related services across several industries. As a brand with over 100 years of history, we are committed to providing an outstanding level of service and technical support to our diverse client base.
We are currently recruiting for a Field Service Supervisor join our York branch.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
The Field Service Supervisor will always be one of the most Senior Technicians on a job. They will therefore always be the team leader on jobs with several Field Service Technicians, or the Field Service Supervisor on jobs with several teams of Technicians. This includes the following requirements:
- Leading the Field Service Technicians and teams of Field Service Technicians effectively and as good example.
- Motivation of all Field Service Technicians to deliver a high quality of workmanship.
- Senior Representative for Sulzer Turbo Services on the Site.
- Achieve commercial success in a job, through effective job Supervision and management of Variations.
Development of the Field Service Team:
- The Field Service Supervisor may be requested to provide tuition and hands on training for less experienced Field Service Technicians.
- Complete review and appraisals of support personnel when requested.
- Liaise between the management team and the Field Service Technicians on occasion.
Assist in the development of Quality and Health and Safety systems as appropriate, this may include:
- Taking on responsibility for procedures if asked to do so
- Assisting internal audits or improvement meetings if required
- Complete job safety audits when requested
A main part of the activities of a Field Service Supervisor will be completed at a customer’s site, when requested by a customer. To meet these requirements, there are a number of expectations for a Field Service Supervisor:
- Flexibility to work longer hours, weekends, shifts, etc. to meet with customers scheduling requirements.
- Flexibility to work on customer’s sites in different locations, including offshore installations. Normally, these locations are limited to installations within the UK, but assignments could be outside of the UK from time to time in support of field service activities for our world wide organisations.
In addition to the specific Field Service Supervisors activities, the Field Service Supervisor may also be asked to complete the tasks of a Field Service Technician, when Supervisors activities are not required. These tasks include:
Complete or assist completion of the preparation of a field service activity, following Sulzer Turbo Services procedures. This may include:
- Ensure all documentation is available to complete planned activities safely, including Risk Assessments and COSHH assessments.
- Review of available job documentation
- Visit site for review of job and job expectations
- Prepare necessary tooling and lifting equipment
- Prepare necessary consumables
- Set-up of site
- valuation of technical problems
- Identify the need for training
The duties of a Field Service Technician include:
Complete field service activity individually or as part of a team:
- Ensure safe working environment on site is maintained at all times, including good housekeeping, lifting activities are performed safely, equipment used is within calibration and certification, and all safety instructions and documentation is followed and completed as requested.
- Complete Point of Work safety assessment of your work area at least once a day or when changing activity.
- Complete Quality documentation (Performa’s, reading sheets, etc.) as required by the Sulzer Turbo Services quality systems or the job instructions.
- Strip, inspect and re-build machinery following pre-established work scopes or using own judgement in situation were no work scope could be defined, i.e. emergency repairs, problem solving, etc. All work to be completed following current Sulzer Turbo Services instructions, or established good engineering practices.
- Work to prescribed clearances / tolerances as dictated by the manufacturer’s specifications or good engineering practice.
- Site activities may include working and supervising customer supplied support personnel. To the same end, you may be required to work and supervise Sulzer Turbo Services supplied support personnel, and at times you may be asked to act as team leader for a group of Sulzer Turbo Services technicians.
- At completion of field service assignment, ensure all equipment is cleaned and returned to our base in good time and good condition. The site is cleaned and organised to meet with customer’s expectations, and Sulzer Turbo Services standards.
Complete field service assignment
- At the end of each field service assignment, a report of the job completed is expected as quickly as reasonably possible. Good practice would be to complete parts of the report as the field service job is getting completed, allowing a report to be completed after finishing a field service assignment in minimal time.
- Report back from a field service assignment to the job owner with relevant information that may not be contained in the field service report.
Support activities at York work shop facilities
- At times where no field services are required, you may be asked to provide support activities around our York work shop facilities. This may include:
- Work shop activities such as rotor inspections, and machinery assembly or disassembly work.
- Upkeep of equipment used for field service such as toolboxes, measuring equipment, lifting equipment, etc.
- Misc. work for the upkeep of the facility
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
Time served mechanical technician
Several years experience working on Turbo machines in the field or within a work shop.
Several years experience of leading teams of technicians or managing large site activities.
Experienced in reading and understanding technical drawings and technical manuals.
Good appreciation of current HSE legislation for field service activities and willingness to accept and comply with company HSE procedures
Preferably but not essential holding valid Offshore Survival Certificate and UKOOA Medical
Prepared to work offshore.
Good communication and report writing skills.
Flexibility to meet customer’s work requirements.
Experience in mechanical work on rotating or related mechanical equipment
Time served mechanical technician or equivalent
Experience in leading teams of mechanical technicians is essential
Possibly trained by a rotating equipment OEM
Sulzer Dowding & Mills is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
- Sulzer Dowding & Mills
Your application for ‘Field Service Supervisor’ has been sent
Your application has been successfully sent. Thanks for applying!