Exclude any of the below options from the search results:Hide this job Hide jobs with titles like this Hide jobs from Robert Walters Hide jobs in this location
- Robert Walters
- From £40,000 to £45,000 per year
- Job term
- Job hours
- Full time
My international client, based in Manchester are looking for a Tax Manager. This position will involve managing all day to day aspects of the in-house UK tax compliance function as well as supporting and implementing tax planning initiatives in the UK.
* Preparation and review of all corporation tax returns for submission to HMRC.
* Control of the overall group relief, capital allowance and capital loss position of the UK group, including modeling the UK tax position to achieve optimum tax efficiency.
* Monitoring of UK thin capitalisation position, and to perform key tasks, including extensive modelling to support negotiations.
* Monitor the compliance of the UK group with transfer pricing rules.
* First point of contact for HMRC on day to day corporation tax issues.
* Assistance with the resolution of all UK audit enquiries through written correspondence and formal meetings with HMRC covering a wide range of UK and international tax issues.
* Key participant in tax planning initiatives for the UK, including developing ideas to minimize the effective tax rate and cash.
* Review of the corporate tax and deferred tax provisions for inclusion in the local GAAP financial statements and liaison with the company’s tax auditors.
* Evaluation of UK tax reserves and contingencies to support US GAAP reporting requirements.
* Provision of adhoc corporation tax advice and support to the UK business on operational issues, particularly around permanent establishment risks.
* Ensuring compliance with UK tax legislation and monitoring the impact of changes in the UK tax legislation on the group.
* Perform primary due diligence in relation to corporate tax for any M&A activity in the UK. Document and discuss conclusions, and flag any issues arising as necessary. Review legal documents and advise on appropriate wording.
The candidate must be ACA/CTA qualified with:
* Minimum 3 years PQE working for either one of the Big 4 or in a tax role in industry.
* Strong UK corporation tax experience.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; will interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both in and out of Tax
* Comfortable working in a team environment.
* Undergraduate in Accounting or Finance preferred.
A great opportunity, which will provide interaction with key stakeholders of the business.
If you would like to apply for the role of Tax Manager or find out more, please apply online or contact Mario Michaels at Robert Walters on [contact details removed] or call + [contact details removed] quoting the reference 1832650.
- Mario Michaels
Your application for ‘Tax Manager’ has been sent
Your application has been successfully sent. Thanks for applying!