1 exact match
Exclude any of the below options from the search results:Hide this job Hide jobs with titles like this Hide jobs from Connectus Hide jobs in this location
- Job term
- Job hours
- Full time
IT Problem Analyst required for Fareham based opportunity - essential to have strong ITIL awareness and good understanding of SQL / MySQL. Great role for someone with a Service Desk background and involvement in Problem or Incident Management.
Are you a talented IT Support professional, from an ITIL environment with a good understanding of SQL / MySQL who's looking for a role that deals with root cause analysis and resolutions of critical system incidents rather than the general IT support issues that a helpdesk would deal with on a day to day basis?
If so, I'd be very keen to hear from you.
Working within a retail environment, this role will take responsibility for the problem analysis of a business critical software system based at remote sites. You'll be looking at providing permanent solutions for problems that have been solved temporarily by a helpdesk by a workaround as well as system errors that are commonly re-occurring. Therefore you'll be looking to bring your analytical problem solving approach as well as your inquisitive technical mind to this problem solving role. Due to the technical nature of the role you'll have experience with MySQL where you'll be familiar with running queries, understanding of relationship database as well as updating data. You'll also have worked with Linux especially in the use of command lines to find faults within the system.
Essential skills include:
- A good understanding of IT Infrastructure
- Sound awareness of Service Management principles and associated processes
- Skills in Problem Management, Incident Management, or other ITSM processes
- An understanding of problem determination techniques and a thorough approach to these
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office applications
- Sound written and verbal communication skills, with excellent English in each, including an ability to succinctly summarise and express the impact that a problem causes the organisation and users
Desirable (not essential) skills include:
- Previous Problem Management experience
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification
- Kepner Tregoe Problem and Incident Management certification
- Retail, Group or Supply Chain services
- Solid experience in Basic database query/analysis (e.g. MYSQL/ SQL, Progress)
- Oracle, Unix, Linux, Redhat exposure
- Incident and Problem Management tools
- Script creation for reporting purposes, or exposure to reporting framework tools
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Philip Whitton
Your application for ‘IT Problem Analyst’ has been sent
Your application has been successfully sent. Thanks for applying!