1 exact match
Exclude any of the below options from the search results:Hide this job Hide jobs with titles like this Hide jobs from RE People Hide jobs in this location
- RE People
- From £50,000 to £50,000 per year
- Job term
- Job hours
- Full time
A vacancy has arisen for this key position reporting to the Hardware Team Leader within an Integrated Project Team environment to work on the development of safety critical electronic products, initially for Aerospace but with the clear potential to work on future Armoured Fighting Vehicle products across a diverse technology portfolio
The organisation continues to capitalise on its success and has a requirement to expand its capability within the Electronics Engineering discipline by recruiting an experienced individual with proven abilities in EMC. The position would involve electronics design activities for new products as well as in support of legacy product, with particular emphasis on design and test to meet challenging, industry standard EMC regulations
• Design of circuits including EMC signal filtering, DC-DC converters, motor drive, analogue/digital interface electronics.
• Provide design guidance to manage EMC, including filtering of input/output interfaces to meet Military and Avionic standards for conducted emissions.
• Generation of EMC control plans and support EMC testing across projects.
• Design for thermal effects including sizing and calculation of heat sink requirements.
• Working with systems, software and mechanical engineers to ensure successful overall product design.
• Design to meet safety requirements and design standards including architectures to provide redundancy, avoidance of common failure modes, failure detection and functional reliability.
• Preparation of production standard schematics ready to pass on to PCB layout team.
• Decomposing requirements into design specifications, design descriptions & test procedures.
• Provide technical and cost data to Sales & Marketing Managers during bid preparation.
• Provide data for customer review and conduct presentations as required.
• Pro-active and self motivated with wide-ranging problem solving experience.
• Positive attitude with ability to work within multifunction teams on rapidly moving projects.
• Excellent communication, written and verbal, and IT skills
• Expertise in EMC issues including familiarity with some or all defence and avionic standards.
• Expertise in schematic capture and design to meet constrained space envelope.
• Candidates should be looking for the opportunity to develop to Principal Engineer and more
senior level roles.
Additionally the following would advantageous
• Safety critical electronic systems
• Proven ability to design and qualify electronic products to meet challenging industry standard EMC requirements
• Experience of network technologies such as CANBus, TTP, Ethernet.
• Experience interfacing with microcontroller, microprocessor, CPLD or FPGA devices.
• Knowledge of DOORS
- Jamie Hurst
Your application for ‘Electronics Engineer EMC (LAND)’ has been sent
Your application has been successfully sent. Thanks for applying!