Our client is one of the UK`s leading Facilities Management companies with a proven track record established over the last thirty years. They are renowned for their responsive and positive approach to their clients, with the ability to demonstrate an extensive depth and range of experience and knowledge.
The Asbestos Environmental Division is currently seeking to recruit for a number of P402 surveyors to join the company at their office based in South Wales.
The role will involve carrying out asbestos surveys, partial surveys of specified areas of buildings, surveillance surveys, risk assessments, bulk and air sampling and in house analysis. Other responsibilities include monitoring enclosure integrity checks, leak and clearance air monitoring, reassurance testing and environmental monitoring. Technical supervision, project management, planning supervision, preparation of specifications and expert witness will also be required. Asbestos training programme, safe sampling of asbestos materials, asbestos awareness for property managers and the safe management of removal and decontamination works.
Candidates will ideally have twelve months plus experience within the asbestos industry and ideally hold the P402 and/or S301 qualifications.
In return the company offer a competitive salary and benefits including a company vehicle
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading employer in the South Wales area, with a fantastic reputation in their field of expertise. You will be joining an established organisation with an ethos of developing their staff and investing heavily in them. The right person for this role is likely to embrace an agile approach to their project management work.
This organisation are looking for a Project Manager with a wealth of experience who can act as a mentor and a coach to the developing talent within the organisation and lead from the front on some of the more high profile project work. This is a client facing role, so you will be well versed dealing with a number of stakeholders from operational level right through to senior executives and steering groups. You will also be fully versed in the full SDLC.
The right candidate will likely come from a financial services background, or similar fast paced change environment. You will also have demonstrable client facing skills.
My client, based in the outskirts of Newport is seeking to recruit a Finance Manager for a newly created role within the business. As a member of the Senior Management Team which delivers on the objectives of the organisation the successful candidate will contribute to the organisational decision making process of the business. You will be required to attend monthly Board meetings and where necessary contribute and present on the financial results and performance of the organisation and other activities under the management of the role. Duties of the role will include - • Management of the finance and Payroll functions and overseeing the financial ledgers, processes and projects under the control of the role • Cash flow monitoring and reporting • Preparation of monthly management accounts and associated financial position and performance reports • Overseeing preparation for and management of annual statutory audit • Overseeing preparation for and management of invoice discounting quarterly audits • Liaising with and managing relationships both internally and externally • Ad hoc tasks as and when required from Finance Director and/or Managing Director
Person Specification • Fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent) with a significant period of post qualification experience gained within a similar role • You will be able to demonstrate your experience of managing staff and working closely with people across all levels of an organisation • The candidate should be confident, a self-starter, with the ability to operate effectively in a challenging, rapidly changing and dynamic environment • You must be able to demonstrate good attention to detail, whilst maintaining the ability to see the wider picture • You should have a ‘can do’ attitude and be prepared to have a hands on approach
Robert Half is pleased to be partnering our traditional customer focussed Financial Services client for an Assurance Manager in Cardiff.
This is a great opportunity for a compliance and risk professional to join a well respected, customer-focussed financial services company in the heart of the Cardiff community.
Our Financial Services client is looking for an experienced financial professional who can add value to their Assurance team through their skills and experience.
As the Assurance Manager you will be responsible for producing a programme of risk assurance monitoring and oversight across the company and reporting the findings. Oversight will involve:
- Review and challenge of information from the first line of defence
- Risk and control monitoring reviews
- Compliance monitoring reviews
This is a technical role, and requires the successful applicant to analyse issues in a methodical and structured way. Your role will require you to:
- Regularly report on the findings of compliance and risk topics to senior management with exposure to Board level
- Identify and recommend areas for improvement
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate:
- A good understanding and experience of relevant methodologies, practices and control frameworks
- Organisational and project management abilities
- Strong communication and stakeholder relations skills
This vacancy will suit someone with an internal audit background, who is looking to progress into a management role. A recognised professional qualification (ACCA, IIA or equivalent) is preferred.
Salary & Benefits
£35,000 to £40,000 per annum (dependent on experience) + benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Are you a dynamic Finance Manager who is looking for a new challenge in 2014?? Are you motivated, dynamic and passionate about what you do, with a proven track record of change management?? If so this role could be for you.
My client, based in the Cardiff area is seeking a CCAB qualified accountant, who will work with Senior Management and the Board to set the strategic financial direction of the organisation.
Duties of the role will include – • Designing and developing a financial management framework to ensure effective operations • Responsible for directing and controlling all financial systems, processes and procedures, ensuring financial integrity and minimal risk • Ensuring robust financial management and financial reporting • Providing financial advice and business partnering support in in line with key strategic decisions
As a successful candidate you will be a fully qualified accountant with excellent commercial and business experience, with a proven track record of change management, and ERP systems implementation with strong leadership skills and the ability to make strategic commercial decisions. You will be a confident self starter who is capable to leading and mentoring teams within the organisation. You will have a hands on approach and solid understanding of ERP accounting principles.
To lead a team of motivated people and create the right environment to deliver outstanding customer service and the required sales and profit performance within your region.
What You'll Be Doing
- Deliver regional sales, profit and controllable costs against KPIs - Lead and inspire a team of managers to develop a one team mentality and culture with winning spirit - Manage the FTE Plan and deliver improved productivity and performance - Effectively lead, coach, manage, improve performance and inspire a team of Managers - Deliver the customer service proposition to meet the needs of the changing customer - Ensure shop standards, processes and procedures are adhered to - Proactively share knowledge acquired at the sharp end with relevant parts of the business - Lead and drive changes in ways of working to assist in delivering the distribution strategy - Deliver the customer proposition to support TUI UK & I vision and values within your region - Deliver the Brand Strategies (First Choice & Thomson) in your region - Ensure the efficient and effective delivery of all field operations – Sales delivery, processes, recruitment, performance management, training and development within your region - Deliver the change to one operational structure to include the harmonisation of operational policies and processes across the two brands - Build meaningful relationships with support functions and external customers What We're Looking For
- Commercially aware - Experienced in managing a sales and retail environment - Planning, organising and problem solving skills - Team management skills (set expectations, motivate and improve performance) - Numerate – budgeting, cost control and interpretation of MI Interpersonal skills - Selling skills - Energetic and resilient - Self starter, motivated and able to work on own - Pragmatic and rational - Passionate about sales and service - Customer Focused
Our Client is a market leader specialising in providing facilities management and support services to industrial, commercial and public sector clients throughout the UK, These support services include facilities management, security services, maintenance, industrial and office cleaning. catering, water management, water hygiene and water treatment, asbestos consultancy, asbestos surveying and asbestos removal.
They are currently seeking to recruit a Lead Asbestos Surveyor for their South Wales office.
The successful candidate must posses;
P402 Qualification P403, P404 and S301 qualifications are desirable but not essential Minimum of 1 year's relevant experience Good communication skills both written and verbal Strong analytical skills Excellent interpersonal skills Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
Duties within this role will include surveying buildings for asbestos in accordance with current legislation, guidance and technical procedures. Inspecting properties for asbestos management, refurbishment and demolition surveys as well as bulk sampling and typing survey reports as and when required.
In return our client will offer the successful candidate an attractive remuneration package.
Our client, a successful and established business based in North Cardiff is looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant with the following experience:
•Assisting with Financial and Management Reporting •Working closely with the Finance Manager to meet Month End Reporting deadlines •Reviewing and reporting on costs and profitability •Labour analysis •Working to strict deadlines in a fast-paced progressive environment
•Strong interpersonal skills •The ability to present information to non financial staff clearly and concisely •Reporting and costing experience •Commercial acumen •The ability to work under pressure effectively •Advanced Excel user •Part Qualified or equivalent
A fantastic opportunity to become the Head of Operations for t2 Group, one of the UK's leading training and coaching organisations, based in Cardiff.
Role description t2 Group is looking for a talented Head of Operations to head up one the company's largest divisions - Apprenticeships in England, which is a key Government priority in raising skills in the workforce and tackling youth unemployment. As the Head of Operations you will be responsible for driving performance to achieve agreed divisional financial targets in line with the Government contracts and t2's vision and values. Key responsibilities: • Develop strategies to drive quality standards and continuous improvement through encouraging and fostering a positive culture and sharing best practice • Effective leadership of the team ensuring that all learners are visited each month, managing the effective and timely delivery of qualifications and reporting progress against agreed targets • Detailed analysis of key management information and regular review meetings with all managers • Identify opportunities to improve individual and company performance in line with business objectives
Who we're looking for The successful candidate will ideally be Degree educated and possess the following capabilities: • Strong leadership skills • Excellent planning and organising ability • Demonstrable experience of leading and developing a team • Proven track record of consistently achieving/exceeding targets • Ability to manage and interpret complex data • Exceptional communication skills • Strong administration capability with a keen eye for detail • Sound financial background • Good understanding of process improvement • Outcome focussed problem solver Experience and knowledge of Work Based Learning programmes and qualifications is desirable but not essential, however a demonstrable track record of managing and improving performance in a fast paced environment is essential.
About t2 Group t2 Group, based in Cardiff is one of the UK's leading training and coaching organisations. Over the last 18 months t2 has gone from strength to strength, achieving a Grade 1 Outstanding Inspection from Ofsted, whilst trebling the size of its contracts.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Solutions Analyst sought for a rapidly expanding, well known organisation based in Cardiff. The organisation are undergoing a major period of technological and organisational change making this role particularly interesting. The right candidate for this role will design and deliver highly available, resilient, maintainable and scalable technical solutions for the organisation whilst bearing in mind overall business objectives.
The right candidate will lead in the delivery and implementation of both in-house and external solutions throughout the project life-cycle and take responsibility to ensure solutions are compliant with the design, fit for purpose and delivered to high quality.
- Delivering high quality specifications, and developments, whilst supporting and championing best practice, principles and conformance to the target architecture. - Assisting the organisations technical Architects to ensure the continuity and technical integrity of both current systems and future solutions. - Acting as a sign off for key technical documentation to ensure conformance to agreed design and target architecture. - Contributing to the technical roadmap and where necessary document agreed variations. - Provide recommendations and support for risk/issue management and 3rd line support/upgrades.
- System design, systems integration or system/project delivery role, and preferably with business-critical, high-availability/high-throughput systems. - Experience of successfully delivering development projects, and of doing so using clear project management techniques and methodologies. - Track record of on-time, on-budget and to-specification delivery with the ability to manage the end-to-end delivery of solutions. - Experience of analysing and breaking down problems and information using structured frameworks and methodologies. - Experience of managing relationships with internal business customers, and of understanding and planning for the delivery of agreed solutions to meet mutual business needs.