Exclude any of the below options from the search results:Hide this job Hide jobs with titles like this Hide jobs from GlaxoSmithKline Hide jobs in this location
- ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA, MBA, or local equivalent
- Job term
- Job hours
- Full time
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) currently has an opportunity for a Senior Finance Partner
to work at their site in Irvine.
At GSK, one of the world’s leading healthcare businesses, we discover, develop and produce products that help people live longer, do more and feel better.
Professional qualification (e.g., ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA, MBA, or local equivalent)
• Experience working across the business in a functional unit
• Demonstrated financial knowledge of modeling, analysis, evaluation, forecasting, strategic planning, and decision making
• Ability to effectively use negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Understanding of systems and processes as they affect the financial results (Unison, Cognos,TM1, SAP, JDE, etc)
• Experience and understanding of continuous improvement tools (e.g., operational excellence, lean sigma) to ensure continuous improvement methods are constantly applied
• Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Demonstrated ability to display key attributes of successful finance business partnering:
o BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE – Strong business knowledge and commercial acumen, Influence local business investment , communicated with insight and impact, create business cases and insightful performance analysis
o CATALYST FOR CHANGE – Challenge performance and drive improvements. Use business and financial knowledge to identify new value added opportunities and get business to engage and deliver;
o DRIVING PARTNERSHIP – Collaborative team player, embedded in decision making, networked widely within site, wider GSK and externally, ensure good flow of information for proactive identification of issues, create external-focused analysis and research
o STEWARDSHIP AND GOVERNANCE – Challenge business propositions that may have a significant risk or poor financial return, create an environment where GSK employees act with the highest integrity to protect GSK resources, personal accountability and courage to ensure the safeguarding of GSK’s assets and reputation
• Strong verbal and written English language skills
• Experience working with senior client groups with ability to influence and challenge positively with stakeholders at all levels
• Demonstrated business skills with integrity and independent commercial judgment to understand the underlying business drivers
• Experience leading cross-functional teams and working in a global organisation across a matrix environment
• Proven team builder
• Experience in leading a finance function in a commercial organisation
• Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by creation of a network of key partners within Finance and the business and the ability to bridge communications gap between finance and non-finance
• Ability to prioritise multiple projects with varying degrees of complexity and apply project management skills
• Finance / business degree or professional accountancy qualification
Embedded business finance support as the primary Finance interface to the business, part of the business leadership team, providing decision support, simplification, financial management, governance, and talent management and proactively identifying internal and external opportunities and controlling resources.
• Providing Insight: Derive management insight on the basis of standard management reports and knowledge of the business
• Counseling, Challenging and Influencing: Enable discussion and decision on options to improve performance, focused on priorities, based on understanding of risks, opportunities and feasibility.
• Providing Decision Support: Value added decision and planning support as directed by the business need, taking account of the wider GMS and GSK context
• The role is part of a small team of embedded business partners, or an individual business partner, on Site and will provide specific insight support and challenge to the Site Leadership Team
• Provide leadership and opinion to Site Director and Site Leadership team by proactively identifying opportunities and raising challenges to meet business objectives and mitigate risks.
• Ensure adherence to challenging financial targets by close financial management. Drive and support strategic transformation goals for site, embedding productivity improvements and a lean culture to deliver cost reduction & working capital initiatives
• Proven comprehension of the supply chain management model and value stream thinking to ensure a holistic business perspective
• Proactively identify business opportunities and be capable of effectively assessing and proposing valid options to management, including strategic analysis on internal and external benchmark/funding data
• Champion simplification projects and implementation of best practices
• Support and assess business development, due diligence, third-party deals, partnerships, business evaluation proposals
• Accountable for risk identification and maintaining strong financial governance
• Responsible for quarterly judgment report decision making and year-end management certification, evaluation (not reporting), and nonstandard financial analysis and management reporting
• Manage corporate approvals (e.g, appropriate tax and transfer pricing, compliance with corporate development, investment authorisation and treasury requirements)
• Support implementation of working capital, treasury and tax strategies in consultation with Corporate and Centres of Excellence
• Manage monthly reporting, budgets, plans and forecasts/Latest estimates and provide commentary on key variances/business drivers and any actions required. This to include matrix management of UK SMAS, UKSFS and providing Irvine reporting.
• Manage compliance and change control/quality compliance for Commercial teams
• Build capabilities across finance partner/compliance team and develop key talent for succession
• Take joint responsibility and accountability for decisions concerning overall business and be first point of contact for business colleagues with all financial issues
• Degree of change & uncertainty; level of influencing required; degree of matrix working
• Ensure proactive and effective coordination across interfaces with Key Internal Customers to anticipate impact of business unit decisions on other GSK areas. Internal customer include: CBS, Corporate Finance/Taxation/Transfer pricing CoE, GMS Finance etc.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
For confidential consideration and efficient processing, please apply online via GSK’s online application system by clicking on the Apply button.
Thank you for taking the time and effort to apply for this role. All data processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
GSK is an equal opportunities employer and is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. To enable GSK to meet its commitment as a two ticks employer please let us know if you have a disability.
Your application for ‘Senior Finance Partner’ has been sent
Your application has been successfully sent. Thanks for applying!