Our site uses modern web tools not supported by your browser. For the best experience on our site,
please upgrade to the latest version of your preferred browser using the settings menu.
enabled in your browser settings and are using a browser which supports it.
Exclude any of the below options from the search results:Hide this job Hide jobs with titles like this Hide jobs from FISH4JOBS Hide jobs in this location
Are you interested in a Career as a Home Care Worker?
We are currently looking for Home Care Workers to work within our Home Care Division across County Durham.
Part and full-time hours are available (Monday to Friday hours are flexible), in addition to alternate Weekends.
Experience is an advantage, but no experience is necessary, as extensive initial and ongoing training will be provided (to NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care), to help you to meet the challenges of this role. In addition, Dale Care Ltd offers a competitive salary and mileage allowance.
There is the potential for career progression within our Crook Head Office as we continue our rapid and sustained growth.
Great Britain has an ageing population; this means that an increasing number of people are living longer. The Home Care sector has been developing since the post war period and continues to strive to meet the needs of this elderly group in society. Legislation passed in the early 1990s gave elderly or infirm people the right to live independently in the community.
Dale Care Limited has been in operation since 1986 and is the largest private provider of home care currently operating in County Durham. Dale Care Ltd. Offers a range of services to support individuals (who by reasons of infirmity, incapacity or social problems) require assistance to live independently in their own homes. Dale Care Ltd possesses the highest accolade of three stars from the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and are consistently ranked number one by the local County Council at tender.
Dale Care Ltd are looking for individuals with the passion to make a difference to people's lives, by allowing them to live independently in their own homes.
Your career as a Home Care Worker may be very challenging, but also very rewarding.
You will be required to submit an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check in addition to:
* two references (one must be your present / most recent employer, family members / relatives are not permissible);
* a full application form explaining any gaps in your employment history and reasons for leaving your previous posts; and
* Eligibility to work documentation.
Please do not send a CV; CVs will not be accepted.
Please go to www.dale- ... to apply electronically or print an application form out to fill in by hand. Alternatively, email: [blocked email] or phone the Recruitment Line on [blocked telephone] with your full name and address details, for an application form to be sent out to you in the post.
Please return completed applications to:
Human Resources Department
Dale Care Ltd
13 Hope Street
Please ensure that you pay the correct postage amount. This will be more than the cost of a first class stamp if using an A4 envelope. Dale Care cannot be responsible for underpayment of postage.
Dale Care Ltd Home Care Worker Job Description
Hours of Work: Nil Guaranteed
1. To travel to Service Users Homes and assist with their personal care, in order to meet identified needs (in accordance with agreed Care Plans and procedures).
2. To interpret, evaluate and prioritise information from Service Users, other carers, Dale Care Office, family, etc. via the telephone, personally and in writing in a calm and logical manner.
3. To call the Dale Care Ltd Free phone number upon entering a Service Users home to notify the Dale Care Ltd computer system of the Home Care Workers arrival (payment and mileage claims are dependent upon this teleconfirmation).
4. To attend all mandatory training as required (enabling the Home Care Worker to meet the needs of the individual Service User).
5. To adhere to all Dale Care Ltd policy, procedure and instruction.
6. To keep appropriate detailed written notes of visits on the "Daily Visit Sheet" within a Service Users home.
7. To promote a positive image of Dale Care Ltd by maintaining a professional approach at all times and developing the awareness of the service within the local community.
8. To report to Dale Care Ltd any significant changes in behaviour, need or circumstances.
9. To work alongside, attend meetings or report to external social care or healthcare services or, where necessary, support the management team to do so.
10. To take part in the monitoring of the well being of Service Uses by observation, recording and reporting to ensure that care standards and individual/service targets are met.
11. To encourage the Service Users independence.
12. To respect dignity and privacy of the Service Users.
13. To build up a rapport with regular Service Users.
14. To understand the importance and maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
1. Tasks are non-nursing and only those which may normally be expected of a family member or caring friend. The following list details examples of the kind of duties which may be required only and tasks may not be required in every instance. Similarly, this is not an exhaustive list. Mandatory (paid) training is required for certain tasks. Home Care Workers will generally work alone but two or more carers may be required (e.g. to us hoistsand moving equipment).
2. The tasks carried out by Home Care Workers are determined by the person receiving the care and support (the Service User), and are usually assessed by the Local Authority Social Worker.
3. To assist with Personal Care, including help with the following tasks:
* Getting in and out of bed/ chair/ wheelchair, etc.;
* Dressing and undressing;
* Personal hygiene, e.g. washing, bathing, showering, shaving, grooming, cleaning teeth, hair care, etc.;
* Budgeting, household accounts, payment of bills, prescription collection, pensions and other shopping;
* Interior domestic cleaning tasks;
* Household tasks (e.g. cooking, cleaning, laundry and bed changing);
* Lighting and maintenance of solid fuel fires;
* Aids to daily living / rehabilitation;
* Administering prescribed medication (in line with the Care Plan);
* Preparing meals and snacks;
* Toileting and (in)continence management and aids (including soiled linen or clothing);
* Hoists and moving equipment;
* Preparing the client for trips out as and when required;
* Making appointments, contacting doctors or emergency services;
* Pet care;
* Social activities (e.g. cinema, theatre, educational classes, swimming, meeting friends, visiting family, etc.); and
Any other specific care support need as specified by the Care Plan, which the Home Care Worker is experienced and / or trained to provide.
Auxiliary Home Care Worker Job Description
Hours of work: 45 hours per week guaranteed
To be available at all times as required (from approximately 6am-10pm).
1. as above for a Home Care Worker, but Auxiliary Home Care Workers cover Home Care Workers on annual leave, sickness or any other absence.
2. Auxiliary Home Care Workers are paid an annual salary rather than an hourlyrate and must be contactable and available at all times whilst on duty. This includes a period of half hour when Auxiliary Home Care Workers may be contacted before they are due to start work.
3. Although you may initially be designated to a specific area, circumstances may dictate that you are asked to cover absences in other areas, as required.
Home Care Worker and Auxiliary Home Care Worker Person Specification
Personal qualities and requirements required to successfully fulfil this position:
* Respectful, kind, caring and supportive;
* Understanding, sympathetic, sensitive and patient towards the needs of Service Users;
* Honest, reliable and trustworthy with high standards of integrity;
* Responsible, organised and punctual;
* Resilient with a sense of humour;
* Flexible regarding possible changes to visit times and changes to the support needs of the Service User;
* A clean and tidy appearance and a pleasant manner;
* A positive approach and a willingness to learn new skills;
* A desire to provide a high quality of care and support for a Service User;
* A respect for equality, diversity, personal choice and anti-discriminatory practice regarding Service Users, fellow employees and Dale Care office staff;
* The use of own initiative in an emergency situation;
* The capacity to empathise with the effects generated by loss of ability and function;
* The capacity to assist people with care needs in maximising their physical and mental potential;
* The ability to communicate at all levels;
* The ability to work alone and unsupervised on a one-to-one basis;
* The ability to work independently out in the Community and a willingness to work with other personal carersand professional associated with the care of the Service User;
* The ability to empower the Service User to lead a normal a life as possible within their own environment;
* The ability to recognise personal limitations in terms of isolation, stress and tiredness;
* The ability to understand and work with people from a range of cultural and social backgrounds;
* The ability to understand the beliefs, values, practices, customs and wishes of people with care needs and to recognise that they may be different from own;
* The ability to fit in and respect the chosen lifestyle and homes of people with care needs and to respect their right to maintain choice, dignity, privacy, and independence in their lives;
* The ability to remain calm and cope in difficult or emergency situations;
* The capacity to take the necessary action to prevent deterioration in working performance or a crisis situation from occurring; and to
* Contribute to the maintenance of a clean, comfortable, safe and secure environment for everyone in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation.
Not essential but Desirable:
* A full Driving Licence and access to own vehicle;
* Experience of providing hands-on support of a personal nature and knowledge of Home Care Provision;
* An NVQ Level 2 and 3 in Care; and
* Recent and relevant training courses e.g. Manual Handling, First Aid, Food Hygiene, Dementia Awareness etc.
If you already have a login with any of these services, you can use it on JobSearch.
Please enter a personal, not work, email address.
Thanks for registering.
This email address was used to apply for a role without registering on the site. To confirm it is your email account we have sent you an email. Please click on the link in the email when you receive it.
If you already have a login with any of these services, you can use it on JobSearch.
If your email is in our records we will send a link to reset your password to that address.
Please check the spelling of the email address one more time.
If you don't receive the email, check your junk email folder.
If you're still having problems, contact us.
Sorry, there's been a problem sending your password reset request.
Please try again later.