Our site uses modern web tools not supported by your browser. For the best experience on our site,
please upgrade to the latest version of your preferred browser using the settings menu.
enabled in your browser settings and are using a browser which supports it.
Exclude any of the below options from the search results:Hide this job Hide jobs with titles like this Hide jobs from Raytheon UK Hide jobs in this location
Programme Executive (IFF & Navigation Systems)
As a leading defence & aerospace systems integrator we require a Programme Executive/Manager to manage the full Bid & execution lifecycle for the Identifier, Friend or Foe (IFF) and Navigation systems for both Air & Land platforms.
Based in Harlow with some travel to partner & customer sites as required. To apply please follow the link to our careers page and use Req ID 28860BR to locate the role.
Raytheon UK is an establish provider of IFF Mode 4 and Successor IFF (SIFF) equipment to the UK MoD. The majority of MoD Air & Sea platforms use Raytheon UK equipment and has an ongoing long term Contractor Logistics Support contract. Raytheon UK are bidding the Mode 5 IFF update programme as a Prime Contractor across all proposed platforms (Land, Sea and Air).
Raytheon are looking for a Programme Executive to run the Mode 5 execution during the bid phase and on into the execution phase. The successful candidate will have previous experience of managing complex multiple aircraft/ship integration programmes, and be comfortable in dealing with Aircraft and Ship design & certification authorities.
Nature and Scope
The IFF Mode 5 Programme Executive will be responsible project definition (including requirements validation), bid and proposal management and execution of high profile projects within the IFF and Navigation Systems business area. The Programme Executive shall be required to:
* Facilitate complex problem solving initiatives. This will require a high technical competence and ability to think strategic solutions.
* Act as the interface from the project into key product teams to ensure that the customer and project requirements are fully understood and actioned.
* Work in conjunction with other functional teams, to ensure that the resources required to support the projects are recruited, retained, properly motivated with realistic goals, have the correct skills and are assigned to the appropriate tasks and duties.
* Able to manage and work within agreed budgets, P & L goals, and forecast cost to complete and look for every opportunity to save cost as the projects progress. This will form a key measure of the success of the position.
* Identify project risks and opportunities, quantify and produce mitigation, capture and contingency plans.
* Motivate the programme team to perform and deliver requirements
* Ensure the goals/ objectives are clearly communicated, understood and executed by the programme team
* Develop strong relationships with the customers and subcontractors to ensure that they are meeting their commitments to the project.
All these duties will be carried out using Raytheon UK established best practices, templates, standards.
* Strong Leadership skills with a desire to succeed.
* Proactive team builder who can motivate and lead by example.
* Strong interpersonal skills, team motivator, able to build strong relationships with customers and peers. Able to drive multidiscipline teams.
* Innovative & creative problem solver. Able to develop and deliver effective presentations.
* Able to facilitate problem solving of complex issues across business units and organisational boundaries.
* Excellent Communication - written and verbal at all levels within the organisation and with the customer.
* Commercially astute.
* Excellent negotiation skills.
* Ability to identify and understand technical programme issues, to summarize key concerns and follow through with development of an action plan to correct or satisfy problem areas.
* Integrity and honesty; able to deliver bad news as well as good.
* Energy and Drive.
* Staying Power; maintains personal motivation over the long haul.
* Courage; able to make the difficult decision.
* Ability to rapidly assimilate information, culture and process to bring maximum effect in a short space of time.
Education and Experience
* Degree in engineering or business management, plus progressive experience in project or business management role using business performance management and reporting methodologies.
* Experienced Programme Executive with a successful track record in setting up and executing full lifecycle prime contract programmes.
* Recognised leader who is credible to the MoD project team for this opportunity on IFF Mode 5.
* Management of complex programmes with leadership of teams across the prime contract organisation at any level (Internal and external).
* Demonstrated technical proficiency in MoD acquisition processes.
* A successful track record in setting up and executing full lifecycle development programmes for the UK MoD.
* Ability to help shape and produce winning bids into the target customer community.
* Management of all stakeholders interests across the organisation both internally and externally.
* Ability to build long lasting relationships with team members, subcontractors, suppliers and customers.
* Risk and Opportunity management, knowledge of qualitative and quantitative risk and opportunity management techniques and tools. Able to identify and analyse project risk and opportunity data, identifying and tracking risk and opportunity mitigation/realisation plans to minimise project risk exposure and maximise opportunities.
* Bid and Proposal management, winning new, repeat or follow on business through leading and supplying winning proposals.
* Planning monitoring & control techniques & tool knowledge.
* Demonstrated planning & control skills.
* Knowledge of and a demonstrated capability of programme controls; maintain the integrity of the IMS and WBS.
* Provide project EVMS management and reporting.
* Provision of costs to complete data.
* A demonstrated capability of programme controls; maintain the integrity of the IMS and WBS.
* Experience of managing multi-disciplined teams.
* Member of a relevant Engineering or Programme Management Professional Institution.
* Experience of effective management of programmes using Earned Value Management (EVM)
Raytheon Company with 2010 sales of $25 billion, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 89 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. With headquarters in Waltham, Mass., Raytheon employs 72,000 people worldwide.
With 1,350 employees in the UK, the company is a trusted supplier to the national security, defence, government and commercial markets. Raytheon's U.K. focus areas include Intelligence Reconnaissance and Surveillance, Border Security, Network-Enabled Capabilities, Precision Effects, Mission Support and Global Training Solutions.
From advanced defence services to national security systems, Raytheon delivers proven and innovative technology that helps keep our nation's forces safe and plays a critical role in our country's safety and security. Raytheon's reputation throughout the U.K. has been proven throughout more than 100 years of designing and developing advanced technology in Britain, with operating sites in England, Wales, and Scotland.
project manager programme manager defence aircraft mission navigation evm earned value
If you already have a login with any of these services, you can use it on JobSearch.
Please enter a personal, not work, email address.
Thanks for registering.
This email address was used to apply for a role without registering on the site. To confirm it is your email account we have sent you an email. Please click on the link in the email when you receive it.
If you already have a login with any of these services, you can use it on JobSearch.
If your email is in our records we will send a link to reset your password to that address.
Please check the spelling of the email address one more time.
If you don't receive the email, check your junk email folder.
If you're still having problems, contact us.
Sorry, there's been a problem sending your password reset request.
Please try again later.